Back to News
FLU VACCINATION CAMPAIGN WINTER 2020
Posted on 11 Sep 2020
This year due to Covid-19 our flu vaccination campaign has to be very different, keeping in mind everyone’s safety and appropriate distancing.
We are planning to hold a series of clinics during October/November in the Atholl Medical Centre which will be by appointment only.
From 14th September 2020 we will open a dedicated telephone line for booking flu appointments only. If you call 07934 349438 between 2 and 4pm (Mon to Fri) we can book you into one of the clinics.
All patients over 65 years of age, pregnant women, or anyone suffering from the following:
· Chronic heart disease or chest complaints including asthma and COPD
· Chronic Liver or Kidney Disease
· Neurological conditions eg MS
· Lowered immunity due to illness or medication
· Other specific medical condition (check with surgery)
Also eligible (this year)
· Social care workers
· Households of those shielding
· All patients aged 55 to 64 years old (these will not be available until December at the very earliest)
We would ask that patients do not turn up too early for their appointment as we will have very limited waiting area and queuing outside will also be limited due to distancing. If possible patients should come alone, or with eligible household members only.
Once final dates have been confirmed these will be posted on our website, Facebook page and various notice boards around our practice area.